What is a Level 2 Home Survey?
An RICS Level 2 Home Survey is an intermediate level survey and there are two types of Level 2 Surveys available:
- Level 2 (Survey and Valuation)
- Level 2 (Survey Only)
When is a Level 2 Home Survey Suitable?
- If the property is a conventional house, flat or bungalow built of common building materials, is in a reasonable condition and has not been extensively altered or extended.
A Level 2 Home Survey is generally not considered suitable if the property is:
- Is in a run-down condition
- Has been extensively altered or extended
- Unique or complex
What is included In a Level 2 Home Survey?
- A visual inspection of the building, its services (without tests) and the grounds.
- An inspection of concealed areas which are accessible, normally used and opened up by the building occupants. Typical examples include roof spaces, basements and cellars.
- Advice on any repairs or replacements the property needs.
- A market valuation to advise what is a reasonable price to pay for the property (if required).
- A reinstatement cost to advise on the rebuild costs for insurance purposes (if required).
An RICS Level 2 Home Survey does not include pictures within the report as standard although this can be provided as an additional service if required.
Why choose Bailey & Johnston?
Each Level 2 Home Survey is undertaken by an experienced RICS Chartered Building Surveyor and Registered Valuer. Our surveyors are locally based to the areas which we cover which ensures that they have a strong local knowledge of the variety of property types and typical defects they are likely to encounter.
Our admin team and your allocated surveyor are on hand to provide advice throughout every stage of the process including after you have received the report.
We offer a turnaround time of 3 working days from the date of inspection until you receive your report.
Where can I find out more information?
If you have any queries or would like to understand more about the Level 2 Survey, please contact email@example.com who will be happy to answer any questions which you may have. Alternatively, please fill out and submit the contact form and we will be in touch as soon as possible.