What is a valuation?
An independent valuation report provides a general overview of the property and a current Market Valuation in accordance with RICS requirements.
It is important to note that a valuation is not a survey and if you are purchasing a property we would recommend a Level 2 Home Survey as a minimum which can include a Market Valuation if required.
When is a valuation report suitable?
An independent valuation report is suitable if you require a market valuation for any of the following circumstances:
- Help to Buy Valuation
- Shared Ownership Valuation
- Matrimonial / Divorce settlement Valuation
- If you are purchasing or selling a property and require an accurate valuation
- Probate/Inheritance Tax Valuation
What is included in a valuation?
- An external and internal inspection of the property
- A general description of the property, accommodation, and floor area
- A current market valuation of the property
- A reinstatement cost of the property for insurance purposes (if applicable)
- Comparable evidence of recent property sales
Building defects are only assessed if they are likely to have a detrimental effect on the value of the property. Independent valuation reports do not include any description or advice on any building defects.
Why choose Bailey & Johnston?
Each Valuation report is produced by an RICS Registered Valuer who is locally based to the areas which we cover. This ensures that they have a strong local knowledge of the property types and values in the area.
Our admin team and your allocated surveyor are on hand to provide advice throughout every stage of the process including after you have received the report.
We offer a turnaround time of 3 working days from the date of inspection until you receive your report.
Where can I find out more information?
If you have any queries or would like to understand more about the valuation services, please contact email@example.com who will be happy to answer any questions which you may have. Alternatively, please fill out and submit the contact form and we will be in touch as soon as possible.