What is a Level 3 Home Survey?
An RICS Level 3 Home Survey is the most comprehensive residential home survey available and is formerly known as a full Building Survey.
When is a Level 3 Building Survey suitable?
- Older properties (we recommend Level 3 surveys for properties built prior to 1930).
- Large properties or properties which have been altered or extended.
- Properties which are in a run-down condition and require renovation works.
- If you require a comprehensive report which will give you detailed advice on how the property is constructed, description of visible and possible hidden defects as well as the consequences of not carrying out the recommended repairs.
What is included In a Level 3 Home Survey?
- A thorough visual inspection of the building, its services, and the grounds.
- An inspection of concealed areas which are accessible, normally used and opened up by the building occupants. Typical examples include roof spaces, basements, and cellars.
- Although the services are not tested during the property inspection, they are observed in normal operation when the occupier has given us permission and it is safe to do so. Typical examples include operating light switches or extractor fans.
- A detailed description of visible defects, outline scope of remedial repairs, timescales and likely consequences of non-repair.
- Photographs of the building and defects which we identify.
Why choose Bailey & Johnston?
Each Level 3 Home Survey is undertaken by an experienced RICS Chartered Building Surveyor. Our surveyors are locally based to the areas which we cover which ensures that they have a strong local knowledge of the variety of property types and typical defects which they are likely to encounter.
Our admin team and your allocated surveyor are on hand to provide advice throughout every stage of the process including after you have received the report.
We offer a turnaround time of 3 working days from the date of inspection until you receive your report.
Where can I find out more information?
If you have any queries or would like to understand more about the Level 3 Survey, please contact email@example.com who will be happy to answer any questions which you may have. Alternatively, please fill out and submit the contact form and we will be in touch as soon as possible.